Monday, October 3, 2005

The Deal About The Green-Eyed Monster

Ralph Fiennes once said in the movie The End of The Affair, "I measure my love on the extent of my jealousy..."

I admit it, I am a jealous lover and this I can't get out of my system already. Something which has been a source of constant and endless tiff with my lover and I.

I do not like it when my lover looks at beautiful girls or when my lover chats or is online when I am not (overly possessive, eh?) and yes, I do get jealous when my lover receives text messages from people I don't know and from people my lover is not supposed to get text from. And above all this, I get jealous with the mere thought of my lover's ex (with this topic, I can't help but nag a lot!).

A deviation from the usual routine irks me, too. And because of my jealousy, I sometimes get too irrational.

Do I really have a grounded reason? With all the assurance I get, I know I shouldn't be but the green-eyed monster listens not to any justification. It just feels like it.

I am fully aware I am talking nonsensical things here though this isn't my first to be.

Why am I blabbing all of these?

Because she didn't call me when she was supposed to...

Because she didn't even text me the whole morning and it wasn't her usual...

Though I knew how busy she was...

Though I knew she had a valid justification...

My logic dissipates whenever the green-eyed monster is present and so for now, I am off to treating her silently once again.

I hope by tonight, the green-eyed monster has gone somewhere else so we can be back to our state of peace -- playing Bookworm and competing with each other who gets the highest score, munching on Oishi's salted potato chips or just plain whispering to each other about sweet nothings.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home